Sunday, August 14, 2016

Book Recommendation: Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson


I'm so glad I finally got to re-read this book. Eee. I read it in April last year, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since then. When book two showed up on Edelweiss, I knew it was finally time to re-read this precious. And I'm so happy to say that I still love this book the most. It's so interesting and exciting and I loved every part of it. The writing is beyond gorgeous. The setting is so interesting and a bit awful too. I'm just in love with this book. Can't wait to read book two next. So excited. I have waited so long, lol.

I'm not sure what I wish to share about this book this time. So probably not going to write such a long review. But gosh. There is so much I love about this one. Writing is perfection. All the characters are amazing to read about. And I found the story to be so so exciting, even this second time reading it. Still a bit sad it was mostly about a long journey, lol, but I didn't mind at all. Because this journey was exciting and horrible and I loved reading about it to pieces. So much happens. We get to know all the characters.

This book tells the story of Lee aka Leah. She is such an amazing girl to get to know. Almost sixteen years old at the start of the book. She is awesome and hunting and other things, which girls don't do in this time period. Hmph. But Lee doesn't care. And I loved that about her. In the beginning, we get to know about her life and about her mom and dad. And oh, they seemed so amazing. Sigh. I need to know more about them. Hmm. But then a few pages later they die. Well, are murdered. And oh, I felt so sad for Lee.

There is just so much happening in this book. First getting to know Lee and her family, and her best friend, Jefferson. I loved their friendship. Though he did leave her behind. Hmph. But I couldn't blame him for that. Anyway. I ship them the most, and reading about the two of them was just the most awesome. I adored Jefferson. And I loved getting to know him too. There is a lot of time spent in this book getting to know the different characters; I simply loved that. So many of them were amazing. Some, definitely not.

Lee also has a secret. She can sense gold around her. Which is just the most amazing thing. Eee. I loved reading about the times when she sensed it. So amazing. Not much of it in this book, but more coming up, and I cannot wait. Eee. I just loved Lee's gift. So interesting and exciting. I don't know what else to say. This book is about a journey that lasted more than half a year. Many died. Which was a bit horrible to read about, yet exciting too. I loved getting to know those that Lee travelled with. They were awesome.

I'm not able to share all the reasons for why I love this book. I just love it the most. The story is incredible. The writing is the best. And the characters are all so interesting to read about. There is only a little bit of romance, but it was perfect. Could have been a love triangle, but it wasn't. Not really. Not at all. So no worries about that. Jeff and Lee needs to be together. Eee. They are way too cute together. I just. I love this book so much. And I'm beyond excited that there are two more books in this series to read. Yess.

Seriously, if you still haven't read Walk on Earth a Stranger, then you must do so. Right away. Because this book is stunning. All kinds of amazing. Plus, it's so gorgeous too. I will never not love this story. And I think you will all love it too. So go read it, if you haven't yet. This book was about the journey to California. Book two will be about being there, I think. And gosh. I am so excited to read it. And even more excited because this is a trilogy, and a third book will be out in around a year. Eee. I cannot wait to finish them.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one, too! Surprising, really. Considering I'm not really a fan of these kind of tropes. You know how that goes. Lol. Can't wait to read the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too. Really different than Rae's first series, but still good.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)