Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #274

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

BEANSTALKER AND OTHER HILARIOUS SCARYTALES
BY KIERSTEN WHITE


Goodreads Description:

Once upon a time, a girl skipped into the forest and became a zombie.

Wait, no, that's not how this story is supposed to go. Let's try again.

Once upon a time, a boy did a horrible job as a sheep-sitter and burned his tongue on stolen pie.

No, children in these stories are always good and virtuous. From the top.

Once upon a time, a king and queen tried to find a princess for their son to marry, and he wound up fleeing from a group of very hairy vampires.

Hmmm...

What about, once upon a time, a bunch of fairy tales got twisted around to be completely hilarious, a tiny bit icky, and delightfully spooky scarytales... in other words, exactly what fairy tales were meant to be. Grab some flaming torches, maybe don't accept that bowl of pease porridge, and get ready for a wickedly fun ride with acclaimed author Kiersten White and fairy tales like you've never heard them before.


Hardcover, 224 pages
Expected publication: July 25th 2017 by Scholastic 
Pre-Order here and here

This book looks and sounds so, so adorable. And fun. And awful. And I am so, so excited to read it :D Just wishing it was out already. <3 Crossing my fingers I might be able to get an ARC of it one day. But if not, I'm reading this precious book when it comes out this summer. Wish it would be longer, but I'm sure it will still be long enough and awesome :D Crossing my fingers that I will love it the most. I think that I will.
What are you waiting for on this fairytale Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I would like to read this! It sounds like so much fun. Too bad it is such a long wait. Have you read "Fairy Tale Comics: Classic Tales Told by Extraordinary Cartoonists"? I enjoyed it :) It might be worth looking at while waiting for White's book.

    I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha this looks super cute! I've always thought Keirsten White would be great at writing MG stories since reading her Paranormalcy series! Great pick, Carina! I hadn't even heard that this was coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds and looks cute :D I hope you enjoy it! Hope you're having a nice week! :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read an MG novel in quite some time! I didn't even know White wrote MG. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it, Carina!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Another awesome fairy tale retelling! I got to check this out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my kind of book, but I hope you love it, Carina! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)